Our Purpose

The college housing assistance program is available to subsidize the rental housing costs incurred by tribal members attending post-secondary educational institutions. Enrolled members of the Absentee Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma receive preference in the allocation of services and other resources.


Student Uses Mobile Phone In Bedroom Of Campus Accommodation


  • Valid Driver License/Valid State Identification Card (for Head of Household and all household members over the age of 18)
  • Tribal Membership Card (for all household members over the age of 18)
  • Social Security Card (for all household members)
  • State Birth Certification (For all household members)
  • Marriage License/Divorce Decree (if applicable)
  • Award Letter for Income (SS, SSI, Disability, Unemployment Benefits, etc. For each household member)
  • Paystub for the last 3 months (from applicant and all household members)
  • 2 months of current employment paystubs (from the applicant and all household members over the age of 18)
  • Notarized No Income Affidavit (for all household members over the age of 18 who have no earned or unearned income, if applicable)
  • Federal Tax Returns filed from the previous year (if filed)
  • Parents Federal Tax Return if student has lived with them in past 12 months
  • Authorization for Release of Information for all adult members over the age of 18
  • Certified statements for self-employment (for all household members, if applicable)
  • Class schedule for upcoming semester
  • Proof of residency for last 6 months (ID is acceptable)
  • Proof of enrollment as a fulltime student
  • Evidence of any other Student Aid (scholarships, etc.)
  • Proof of applicant cost for tuition, books, room & board, etc.
  • Rental agreement
  • Any other documentation requested by the Absentee Shawnee Housing Authority post program approval

Staff Contact Information

Kimberly Vermillion

Resident Education Specialist

Phone: (405) 273-1050 ext. 260
Direct Phone: (405) 617-0490
[email protected]